WHO ARE WE?
The Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys & product design, product development, marketing, & photography. We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny & innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs & their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously & love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Junior Copywriter to write product packaging for our subscription boxes & retail collections. Storytelling & humor are essential to our brand & to this role. We need a writer who is fluent in both dog park jargon & the A.P. Stylebook, & can inspire our customers (dog people) to play.
- Drafting packaging product copy for all DTC & Retail channels.
- Participating in pitch sessions for new products & accompanying design assets.
- Submitting pitches for product names & any on-product copy asks.
- Proofreading & editing product copy as it appears in a variety of media, including direct-to-consumer print collateral, digital product descriptions, & retail packaging.
- Working on tight deadlines to review all content for clarity & accuracy.
- 2+ years of work experience or relevant Bachelor's Degree.
- A portfolio of writing samples, published or not, that demonstrate strong comedic sensibilities & plenty of heart.
- Working knowledge of The AP Stylebook & best practices for editorial text.
- Ability to edit for grammar punctuation, spelling, usage, consistency, tone, accuracy, repetition, style & repetition.
- Capacity to focus & deliver in a fluid, fast-paced working environment
- A strange, joyful, & bottomless sense of humor.
- All applicants welcome! The best experience is a great sense of humor & a true love of dogs.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in NYC or remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.