As a Junior Accountant, youll support the senior accounting teams daily, weekly, & monthly operations with tasks including daily accounting, reporting, journal entry, account analysis, general ledger reconciliation, & financial closings (month-, quarter-, & year-end).
As a successful candidate, you:
- Have strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal communication, & great problem-solving skills
- Work well on your own & in teams to meet deadlines
- Are comfortable in a dynamic work environment where policies & procedures are still taking shape
- Pitch in & help when necessary, even if it means shuffling your priorities
- Posting & processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Maintaining general ledger accounts: reconciling detailed & control accounts, adjusting entries for amortization of prepaids, analyzing & reconciling accounts payable ledgers, & preparing accruals
- Completing monthly account analyses & reconciliations for various income statement & balance sheet accounts
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Analyzing departmental expense allocations
- Helping prepare monthly financial reporting packages, variance analyses, & annual audited financial statements
- Bachelor of Science in accounting
- 2-3 years in public accounting preferred
- Strong accounting foundation; solid knowledge of accounting principles, practices, & procedures
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Experience working in general ledger systems preferred
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune magazines.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.