As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best & brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The FP&A Analyst will help to build out the FP&A function & will drive quarterly forecasting, the annual budgeting process, cross-functional analysis & special projects. The FP&A Analyst will provide support to the FP&A team including developing key reporting packages, cash / capital expenditure analysis, identifying & tracking KPIs, & other key projects. This role will report to the Director of FP&A.
Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
- Contribute to profitability by providing the visibility & insights necessary to effectively manage the P&L
- Prepare monthly & quarterly consolidated reporting packages, including P&Ls, Cash Flow, KPI tracking & various investor reporting/requests
- Analyze & interpret actual financial performance versus plan; implement continuous improvement to forecasting methodologies
- Build & maintain detailed financial models & forecasts to support short-term & long-term strategic planning
- Support the annual budgeting & routine re-forecasting process, working with department heads & senior leadership to develop & track budgets
- Support departmental cost center budgets & serve as a finance business partner to the respective budget owners
- Develop reporting tools within Adaptive Planning & Tableau
- Support the FP&A team in the development & ongoing improvement of the FP&A function, including driving consistency & improvement in business analysis & reporting
- Perform ad hoc analysis of financial data & business requests to monitor tactical decisions & enable strategic decision making
- Establish a deep understanding of the business & leverage data to build insights about our markets, products & competitors
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Degree in Finance. MBA a plus
- Direct experience in investment banking, management consulting, or an FP&A role within a fast-growing dynamic company a plus
- Systems aptitude & process mapping skills strongly preferred; Experience with Tableau, Adaptive Planning and/or NetSuite a plus
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others & communicate effectively in meetings
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling & presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, & develop actionable recommendations for senior management & other stakeholders
- Positive attitude & solutions-oriented approach. Ability & desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Humble team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support partner to the operating team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proactive individual seeking additional responsibility at all times
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.