We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Employee Experience at Vacasa
We cultivate Vacasas culture. Our employees are the heart of our product, & our job is to take care of them all. Were the thread connecting our growing global family as we balance the needs of every employeewhether they work across an office or across an ocean.
What were looking for
We are seeking an experienced, service-oriented professional to partner & guide our employees & managers on all matters concerning Leave of Absence regulations & benefits. Qualified candidates are capable of prioritizing competing work assignments, have strong analytical skills, & bring a solution-oriented approach to the table.
What youll do
The Leave of Absence Specialist will coordinate the support for all leave of absence cases & effectively organize all cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management, & program compliance with the Family & Medical Leave Act & all related employment laws. This individual will perform exemplary customer service & assistance to associates, executives, & HR business partners.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the leave programs in alignment with & under the general direction & guidance of HR leadership & the legal department.
- Interpret & administer leave programs & policies in accordance with the applicable federal & state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Administer all aspects of leave programs, provides extensive case management, & coordinate administrative aspects of the cases.
- Independently approve and/or deny leave cases based on relevant medical information.
- Coordinate & organize all medical information & ensure that HIPAA & Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored & effectively executed.
- Manage all administrative aspects of leave to include tracking hours used/taken & working closely with Payroll to ensure that pay for associates is accurate & correct.
- Work closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review.
- Maintain appropriate contact with all associates on leave & coordinate all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Produce & manage reporting metrics & analytics for all leave cases.
- Partner closely with all HR business partners on all leave cases.
- Manage STD/LTD programs & ensure that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Partner closely with HRBPs on all related cases/claims & attend regularly scheduled meetings to review the status of cases/claims & develop legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolutions.
- Assist in the creation & facilitation of leave administration.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Skills youll need
- 2+ years of LOA administration experience
- Experience working with HR database systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with external benefits providers
- Strong knowledge of US leave laws
- Meticulous attention to detail & the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
- Capable of working effectively & with an acute sense of urgency in a fast paced & rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & the ability to build strong relationships in a service-centric environment
- Sound judgment & ability to handle sensitive & confidential information appropriately
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave & holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture