Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected, category-defining brands that matter right now. The Brand Marketing team is dedicated to partnering with our brands & the Ad Sales Organization to build & execute best in class programming & marketing programs.
Were looking for a Senior Manager to join the Brand Marketing team to support both our pre-sale & post-sale business across G9, with the focus being on edit-created post sale execution. This internally-focused role will lead the activation of sponsored programs & brand-building initiatives encompassing written content, video, (virtual) experiential/events, talent, audio & more by liasoning between our editorial & sales/execution teams. We welcome candidates that are creative problem solvers, comfortable with partnering with teams of editors, producers, & marketers to bring together separate components that tell a full story. Were looking for someone who wants to join a next-gen media company reaching todays modern family.
The Senior Manager will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Support pre-and post-sale business across all G9 brands focused on tentpole & larger editorial programs inclusive of:
- the creation of materials & media plans supporting new programming/new IP initiatives
- working with the sales execution team & editorial team on sold editorial sponsorships, ensuring all editorial commitments are being delivered on time & in adherence to brand guidelines
- Managing quality control & supporting the ad sales org, as well as, the brand orgs in our mission to deliver white glove service
- Drive the vision & execution for sponsored programs ensuring the brand-led creative, content, promotion & distribution aligns with the agreed upon strategy & client scope
- Lead program kick-off meetings as the central representation for the execution of a program activating teams & communicating deliverables to relevant stakeholders
- Partner with Group Nine Client Services Group to ensure all production milestones are met, client revisions addressed, & program elements launch in alignment with the master program timeline.
- Coordinate with Brand Audience Development + Social leads to ensure launch dates for sponsored programs are reflected & accounted
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Develop & monetize new IP & deliver effective brand solutions on multiple platforms across the Group Nine portfolio of brands
- Create a more seamless execution process - Identify problems, plug holes, & troubleshoot solutions in real-time to ensure a seamless & successful program
- Effectively build trust & strong relationships with editorial teams & the Sales Org
- Minimum of (6) years of experience specific area/role OR in related field/function - Prior branded content project management or production experience within a digital media environment
- Knowledge & practical application of sales x digital publishing process: RFP cycle, deck creation, packaging & pricing, post-sale production execution across written, video, experiential & social media
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced & ever changing business environment - adept at running concurrent projects & priorities
- Upbeat, highly collaborative & solution oriented
- Strong written communication & process management skills - demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience working at a publisher with a union environment
- A portfolio of past creative project examples
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.