This role will provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health & safety (EHS), risk management, & workers compensation management across the Studio business function & our Workplace Management teams. As a New York based role, the Senior EHS Specialist will manage the operations to maintain compliance with all local & state regulatory requirements. This role will also be assigned to review pre-production safety plans & is responsible for ensuring that COVID-19 protocols are implemented on-set & assists the production to get up & running smoothly. The Senior EHS Specialist will aid business units in actions to eliminate workplace injuries, potential risks, & associated costs. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of EHS North America, you will work closely with the EHS Compliance Manager & business unit leadership on all safety related topics.
- Serve as the EHS champion for the incident management system
- Oversee Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives for studio, production, & public event locations
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage & perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting & recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Develop & implement training efforts for EHS related activities
- Manage the preparation & submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health & safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Regional & Employee Safety Committees
- Develop & support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Lead the tracking & assessment of safety requirements & metrics
- Advise business group leadership teams on strategy deployment progress & challenges
- Train & Assist site managers, supervisors & employees in the development & implementation of long & short-range planning, policies, programs & objectives
- Enforce auditing protocols to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results & compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct & document annual compliance inspections
- Perform Job Safety Analysis of all worksite activities & lead actions for controls & countermeasures.
- Leads safety observation efforts across studio & headquarters locations
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment & procedures. Train & demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, & losses) to determine root cause & prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as onsite champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree & 3-5+ years of progressive EHS experience
- Knowledge of studio & production operations, fire code, & public event safety procedures
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems & think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA & local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations & industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams & individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines & priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal & written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- CSP, CSHO, or equivalent Safety Certification or working towards a certification
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.