The difficulty in finding housing that can accommodate families in cities, the lack of kid-friendly spaces, & the rising cost of childcare all make living in a city more difficult for families. Forming relationships with other families not only fosters a richer social life but allows you to share in the joys & burdens of raising children, while also fraying many of the costs associated with raising children. Members of a community can also better support each other, whether theyre recommending a great pediatrician or empathizing about the struggles of potty training. Kin is a housing platform founded on the belief that families live better when theyre part of a strong community. Powered by technology, driven by community, Kin is tailor-made to help families live better in cities.
Kin is a partnership between real estate companies, Tishman Speyer & Common. Working at Kin provides an exciting opportunity to learn from two established companies, while shaping the trajectory for Kin.
About the Role
We are looking for a Real Estate Analyst or Associate Director (dependent on experience), reporting to our CEO who will source & underwrite potential properties for Kin. A large part of this role will include new business development, including building relationships & selling to potential real estate partners.
- Identify & source new partnership opportunities & develop strategies for engaging, educating & building those relationships, adapting these channels & strategies in different markets across the country
- Analyze new acquisitions & development opportunities & prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital & financing structures
- Perform due diligence on partnership opportunities & partners
- Prepare internal & external presentation materials & documents (e.g., pitch materials, pro-formas, LOIs)
- Source new acquisition opportunities by developing & maintaining relationships with our local developers, investors, brokers & other real estate professionals.
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time & based on business needs
- 2+ years of real estate experience, a focus on residential development or value-add sites is a plus
- Proficient with Excel & financial modeling, particularly as it relates to underwriting residential real estate
- Experience in & ability to work within client-facing roles & relationship management
- Strong research & analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment without well-worn paths or established protocols
- Detail-oriented & thrive in accomplishing specific mission-driven tasks
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & presentation skills
- Scrappy & resourceful problem solver
- BA/BS Degree, ideally in Finance / Business
What We Offer
Kin truly values its employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, & a 401K. Additional benefits such as paid holidays, flexible working hours, & job training + development opportunities are also available.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.