At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
IndigoCarbon & the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, & by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, & the health of our planet. This goal is massive, & it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If youve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley & is explicitly taking on climate change, wed love to hear from you.
The Associate Manager of Carbon Market Development will be responsible for building & managing a robust pipeline of commercial & institutional customers to drive realized returns for farmers, our customers, Indigo, & the planet. They will have a direct hand in developing IndigoCarbons offerings, working across the company & partner coalitions to translate customer needs & market data into product features & deal terms. The Associate Manager will be the analytical backbone of IndigoCarbon market development, providing process & analytical rigor to demand development & deal execution. If you are detailed oriented, embrace cutting-edge challenges, communicate comfortably with senior level executives, & are excited about helping drive a business that will enable the worlds most hopeful solution to climate change, then this could be the perfect fit.
The role will report to the IndigoCarbon Director of Product & Business Development.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, & So Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Own the process for building out & rapidly expanding the contract base for Carbon, including identification, outreach, & pipeline management
- Own carbon market pipeline development & communication to key stakeholders
- Drive deals to close by building tailored communication & offering strategies for key customers and/or segments
- Own analysis related to offset offering & deal term development from beginning to end
- Develop & design a menu of carbon offerings
- Drive & track internal process for development of Carbon Product measurement, modeling, & reporting requirements
- Drive & track internal process for digital experience examples & offerings
- Own voice of customer incorporation into both of the above
- Private sector, government, & non-profit coalition management
- Activate & manage partner participation across Indigo & beyond
- Track & manage team personal & team deadlines & ensure execution
- Excellent communication skills with client facing orientation, including clear verbal & written communications, demonstrated PowerPoint mastery, & ability to interact with executives with poise
- Structured & analytical with advanced Excel skills, experience with financial modeling preferred
- Resourceful & solution-oriented with a high degree of ownership, e.g., demonstrated ability to pull on different sources & people to work through roadblocks, drive lead generation, & execute topic research
- Coalition development & management skills with proven ability to influence stakeholders across levels & contexts
- Diligent & detail-oriented, ability to track, follow-up & not let things slip
- Creative with ability to think about how to advance & market offering
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong passion for the mission of Indigo & Indigo Carbon in particular
- 2-4 years work experience in an analytical role required, preferred experience in management consulting, banking, corporate/business development or at a fast-paced technology company
- Excel modeling & strong power point skills required
- Deal experience preferred
- Digital product development experience preferred
- Role is based in Boston; some travel to be expected