Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
As a Recruiting Coordinator, you will be an organizational guru, working effectively with candidates & internal stakeholders, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moments notice & enjoy the challenges of helping to build a world-class team in a high-growth environment. You will be an integral partner in managing recruiting activities & building candidate relationships; often providing candidates with their key impressions of Codecademy. The Recruiting Coordinator will have a direct impact on the candidate experience of future Codecademy colleagues, while growing in your skills to operate in a talent acquisition function.
What You'll Do
- Correspond & coordinate with candidates throughout the interview process, including but not limited to email communication, arranging & booking candidate travel, & organizing panel interviews
- Level-up the candidate experience: you have a genuine interest in people--every voice should be heard, & you very much want to listen
- Be an expert on our applicant tracking system, scheduling tools & organizational products including Greenhouse & Google Suite
- Interface with candidates across all departments & levels with ease
- Collaborate with hiring managers & the talent team to efficiently guide candidates through the full lifecycle recruiting process
- Continuously propose creative ideas to improve the candidate journey
- Perform calendar management & meeting coordination
- Coordinate the gathering of feedback with Interviewers
- Assist in the planning, coordination, setup & marketing of networking & recruiting events
- Assist in ad hoc projects across Talent & People Ops Functions
What You'll Need
- 1+ years in a recruiting coordinator role or in a role of similarly relevant work experience in a dynamic & fast-paced office environment
- Proficiency with Google Calendar & an Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse is a plus!)
- A proactive & solutions-oriented mindset
- You get the job done. When given multiple tasks to juggle, you get inventive & you execute, nailing the details while hitting your deadlines
- Your interpersonal skills are next level, & you never drop the ball. Whether talking to candidates via email, phone, SMS, or messenger pigeon. You'll be working on helping the talent team with anywhere from 10-20 open roles at a time & ensuring a positive experience for our candidates as well as our internal team
- You're self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in partnership with department heads & cross-functional teams
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience with Greenhouse
- Startup or SaaS recruiting experience
- Experience coordinating with Senior-level talent
- At Codecademy, an interest in learning to code is preferred
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.