Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
By growing Gusto, you will help create a world where work empowers a better life, changing the way small businesses take care of their teams with modern payroll, benefits, & expert HR. You will create & lead our platform marketing practice & team, building a new business within Gusto. You will the first marketer & leader to devise, build, & market Gustos platform business to partners & developers. You will co-own responsibility for growing a new revenue business over the next 4 years. You will oversee all aspects of platform marketing, including building the Gusto brand, business development marketing, marketing through partners, co-marketing with partners, & developer marketing. Youll own financial goals & tactical plans.
To start, you will be responsible for incubating & directly performing a broad variety of marketing strategy & tactics & will be very hands on, however over time you will hire & build a high performing team.
To date, Gustos platform has been integrated with & through partners in limited ways. Platform partners will be key to Gustos growth, allowing us to bring our people platform to 000k more businesses than we serve directly. This role will create our first strategic, & eventually, full-stack marketing team dedicated to our platform initiatives. In the meantime, you will build a dedicated team that will be supported with horizontal resources within Gustos marketing organization. Youll devise strategies, plans, budgets, & be accountable for impact alongside them, so influential leadership will be key. Youll be directly empowered by our chief marketing officer.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
Build platform marketing
- Partner with head of platform engineering & head of platform & partnerships business unit to devise market-driven strategies for how we build, sell, negotiate, & promote
- Translate platform strategy to marketing strategy, initiatives, & tactics
- Own platform marketing strategy, planning, forecasting, & budget management
- Own market research, strategy, positioning for platforms & developers
Optimize Gustos owned, earned, & paid properties & campaigns to increase awareness & consideration for prospective platform & developer customers
- Offering & distribution
- Help develop pricing, economics, & promotional offer strategies
- Own the marketing calendar, identifying & marshalling internal & external resources to maximize growth
- Brand strategy & positioning
- Develop & drive brand strategy for our platform offering
- Lead content & enablement marketing, developing both programmatic & customized programs
Market Gusto through platforms
Partner distribution marketing
- Negotiation - design deal terms that will maximize benefit for platform partners, their customers, & Gusto by researching & identifying methods by which platform partners can market & sell Gustos offering to their prospects & customers.
- Acquisition - support marketing & selling of Gusto at platform partner companies.
- Engagement - support adoption, utilization, & satisfaction of Gusto functionality by platform partner companies.
- Run disciplined co-marketing initiatives that build value for both partners & Gusto or support strategic relationships
Heres what we're looking for:
- Work on API products or services
- Hands on experience
- 12+ years of experience, 3+ years running marketing or business growth strategies & programs of significant scale (e.g. >$100M in annual revenue), & launching & scaling products or markets
- Experience building & managing high performance teams across multiple marketing disciplines
- Experience launching & scaling products, channels, or markets
- Full-stack marketing acumen including operations & finance
- An influencer that can work well with various groups & levels of the organization, particularly CRO, COO & CFO
- A strong communicator (both written & verbal)
- Passionate about Gustos mission & the impact we can have on the world
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $162,000-$201,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, & $200,000-$233,000yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.