At Appian, were all about building awesome software, & we create an engineering experience to match. As a Principal Software Engineer on our Tools & Infrastructure Team, you will drive the vision & execution for the fully automated build/test/deploy system that Appian uses to manage its software development. You will enable the next wave of our world-class infrastructure, ensuring that it is always available, responsive, & capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic & high-powered development team. You will work directly with the development team to assess & prioritize the current & upcoming needs of the organization, design/build/deploy new automation for all aspects of our development lifecycle, & maintain, troubleshoot & fix issues that impede our teams progress.
What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What youll be doing:
- Creating, configuring, & enhancing the tools we use to get things done (GitLab, Terraform, JIRA, Jenkins, GitHub) & our automated CI/CD pipeline
- Innovating, researching, & evaluating new technologies & tools
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams across Engineering & other departments
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, & Terraform, & designing & building new features to increase product quality, decrease cycle time, & improve developer efficiency
- Becoming a master of our current product infrastructure
- Keeping automated infrastructure up-to-date as dependent technologies evolve & scale (JEE application servers, JDK, RDBMS)
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle & help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Creating new tools to increase departmental visibility into product quality, performance & releasability
- Being the advocate of the adoption of DevSecOps culture & mindset
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering, & trends including CI/CD
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in AWS & Windows, Mac, & Linux environments
- Experience designing & building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Strong working knowledge of prevalent build & automation languages (Gradle, Maven, Ant, Python, Groovy)
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & Strong oral, written, & presentation skills
- Fluency in at least one programming language, preferably Python & Java
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.