Who We Are
Summer's mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time & money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise & innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, & engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We're registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A & are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, & QED Investors-and our first partner is Yale University.
Summer is seeking a Head of Marketing for our NYC office. In this role, you will lead the company's marketing efforts-including email, social media, content marketing, targeted ads, & creative campaigns-through the following responsibilities:
- Understand Summer's product offerings & how they address borrowers' needs
- Coordinate email outreach to both new & existing borrowers
- Develop our content marketing strategy to leverage our position as a thought leader in the personal finance & student debt space
- Lead SEO efforts to increase brand awareness & drive user growth
- Deploy growth hacking strategies to reach audience of student loan borrowers & key industry players
- Track & improve funnel metrics across product offerings
- Creatively work with the product team to bring user feedback to life with new features & offerings
- Collaborate with the executive team to achieve company growth goals in line with our social mission
As Head of Marketing, you will lead our efforts to build a trusted user brand & pursue new growth opportunities. We are seeking a teammate with 7+ years of relevant marketing experience within consumer-facing tech organizations. We will be evaluating your track record of building & scaling marketing efforts as well as your experience managing high-performing teams. A quantitative approach to understanding & measuring marketing initiatives will also enable success in this role. If you're process-oriented & excited to take ownership of our marketing efforts to build a brand that's breaking down barriers to higher education, you'll be a great fit.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, & fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, & flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!