SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST
SpaceX Network Infrastructure Specialists design layer 1 network infrastructure for supporting critical launch, landing & production facilities. The IT Network Infrastructure team installs & supports the infrastructure used for all types of telecommunications in support of our launch vehicles, spacecraft & production areas, including the layer 1 fiber & copper data network cabling infrastructure, operational voice (both wired & wireless systems), mission video, ground-side vehicle & payload interface RF systems, ground stations, telemetry & optical tracking systems, marine communications, readiness testing, & other systems involved in real-time communications & operations for Falcon, Dragon, Starship & other missions.
- Plan, design & implement local & wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms & protocols
- Conduct fiber optic detailed network design for middle mile & last mile fiber-based networks
- Conduct project planning, cost analysis & vendor comparisons
- Assist in job walks & in determining needs for new installations & redesigns
- Work in conjunction with professional services & outsourcing functions as needed
- Collaborate with all staff members & stakeholders in the development & use of proper procedures in support of all layer 1 infrastructure
- Ensure all components & materials are clean & serviceable
- Obtain & maintain licenses, operator permits, or certifications as required
- Monitor & maintain a reasonable inventory of replacement hardware, general use materials, & tools
- Acquire proper inventory parts & equipment needed for repair or replacement of defective components
- Process, track & efficiently execute work orders & support tickets
- Assist in vendor scheduling, installation, & subcontracting activities on large & complex facility system infrastructure
- Maintain documentation of job status, job change revisions, material flow & other project & maintenance records
- Perform a variety of related duties in support of network operation
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes & increase the reliability of network functionality
- Support infrastructure in a multitude of environments with our land & sea based assets
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience work related experience in OSP and/or ISP fiber detailed design
- Experience with wired & wireless voice intercom communication systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, technical, or mechanical field
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols
- 3+ years of experience in basic construction techniques & the use of power tools, hand tools, & calibrated tooling
- Experience in the space exploration industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Basic experience in project management
- Ability to read & understand basic wiring schematics & construction blueprints
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally & in-writing) between other employees & customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Availability for long hours & weekends, as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- Availability for occasional travel, as required
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral & Vandenberg
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 20%) to other launch sites as necessary
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Network Infrastructure Specialist/Level 1: $30.00 - $40.00/hour
Network Infrastructure Specialist/Level 2: $36.00 - $48.00/hour
Network Infrastructure Specialist/Level 3: $44.00 - $60.00/hour
Your actual level & base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis & may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge & skills, education, & experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses & the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, & various other discounts & perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.