Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
This role will entail contacting our customers by phone & email to secure payment on overdue accounts. The Senior Credit & Collections Analystwill be a self-starter who is confident in their ability to initiate difficult conversations & negotiate favorable outcomes for the company.
Who You Are:
- 3+years experience within the Collections function or B2B Phone experience in a customer facing role such as Sales.
- Expert Negotiator
- Competence in using integrated software (Salesforce & Zuora)
- Advanced in Excel with working knowledge of (VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables)
- Quick learner & self-starter who can work independently & manage their own time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills
- Accustomed to working with deadlines & performance metrics
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail oriented & the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Enjoys taking ownership of & resolving problems
- College degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience
What you will Do:
- Negotiating the best possible outcome for CarGurus with challenging customers
- Making outbound calls (30+ a day) to customers to collect payment for overdue Invoices
- Acts as the liaison between sales/customer relation teams & the customers to manage overdue accounts
- Process & post customer payments to open invoices
- Constantly monitoring the accounts receivable aging for accuracy & completeness
- Working with varying levels of personnel within internal & customer organizations to resolve any collection issues in a timely & professional manner
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
- Assisting with reporting department KPIs & metrics
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.