Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays,
The Country Marketing Director for our business in Vietnam & Laos (brief as Vietnam) is accountable for the management of the Brand, solutions & client marketing activities within Vietnam & Laos countries.
You will work as a key member of the Vietnam Country Team to accelerate business growth, with a P&L mindset focused on optimizing team performance & marketing investment. You will drive customer centricity within the organization by understanding the evolving payment ecosystem & changing consumer needs.
You will have a dual reporting line to both IPVMC (Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam & Laos, Myanmar, & Cambodia) Cluster Marketing Head, as well as Vietnam Country Manager. You will be supervising Vietnam marketing manager, with him/her reporting directly into you.
Brand, Solutions & Campaign Management
Locally adapt marketing strategies for the Visa brand, products & capabilities building innovative & highly effective marketing programs to drive revenue, adoption of new solutions by clients & consumers, & increased brand vitality.
- Lead VN marketing team to execute marketing plans, working collaboratively across functional teams & IPVMC in-country marketing teams
- Implement evidence-based strategic marketing plans for Vietnam market to achieve key business metrics based on country priorities
- Effectively develop & strengthen Vietnam marketing team capabilities that grows & guides Visa marketing in Vietnam market with digital & social at the core
- Continue to evolve digital adoption & usage, building team capability & seeking opportunities to co-create with agencies, internal stakeholders & external partners
- Management responsibility for Vietnam market media & creative agencies, look for scalable creative solutions across IPVMC & drive efficiencies
- Overall management responsibility for Vietnam relationships with key social platform partners including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram & local country platforms
- Manage the sponsorship portfolio including Vietnam implementation of global platforms including FIFA & Olympics & local partnerships. Prepare & negotiate contracts for approval by the IPVMC cluster head of Marketing. Evaluate effectiveness & communicate outcomes, learnings & best practice
- Manage, forecasting & financial reporting
- Drive excellence in project management & optimize ROI
- Consult & liaise with clients on integrating client requirements into creative development & execution
Display Visa values, behaviors & leadership principle in interactions with all internal & external stakeholders.
Client Marketing - with support from IPVMC Cluster Marketing Lead
- Work extensively with Head of Client Relationship Management, Head of Merchant Sales & Solutions, Head of Product & Head of VCA in Vietnam to define individual client business objectives & priorities in order to develop & deliver insightful & impactful marketing strategies as part of the Visa 360 offering.
- Build, train & strengthen client marketing capabilities & to deepen issuing & merchant client relationships, providing marketing strategy through to activation including optimal use of Visa capabilities & assets (VAS)
- Provide tailored, marketing strategy & activation input to client RFPs
- Establish a high touch client servicing model aligned with the Vietnam country strategy/operating model & individual client's needs, including developing agreed client marketing plans, weekly / monthly / quarterly / yearly internal client team engagement, across marketing teams with all key clients.
People Leadership & Management
- Drive effective leadership through leading & coaching a Marketing team in developing & ensuring implementation of team goals aligned with the country goals & the functional goals
- Collaborate directly with functions (finance, product, marketing, government relations, merchant sales & solutions, corporate relations, legal, compliance etc.), to ensure that each function contributes to & supports the execution of client plans
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure they are fully aligned & briefed about clients' & business partners' environment; ensure that client plans for the market are developed in conjunction with, understood & shared by the supporting functions within Visa
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Marketing Management / Business or equivalent
- Post Graduate degree (Masters) preferred
- 12+ years of proven experience of related consumer & client marketing management, top-tier Financial, Payments, Technology or FMCG industry preferred
- Passion for our business, technology innovation, with high energy & intelligence
- Proven experience in managing great creative work, effective partnership in managing agencies across creative, media, digital, research, & below the line activities
- Strong project management skills & analytical thinking
- Confidence & demonstrates proven ability to work with clients across existing & new partners
- Communication development & execution experience including digital
- Experience in managing complex, cross-functional projects across internal & external organizations
- Ability & mindset to work collaboratively across various Visa
- Experience working in complex, cross-functional projects / teams across internal & external organizations
- Ability to operate effectively & efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment