The Media Strategist is key to VICEs pre- & post-sale processes. In the pre-sale phase of a partnership, Strategists help develop media & content distribution plans along with pitch collateral all designed to deliver on client KPIs while also driving revenue for VICE. In the post-sale phase, the Media Strategist plays a pivotal role in campaign success, coordinating the trafficking of assets with our Ad Ops team, monitoring performance, making optimizations, supporting client service, & shepherding all reporting & billing needs for the client.
While digitally focused, VICE offers advertisers an integrated suite of media touchpoints, including TV & print so, its paramount that the Media Strategist think holistically. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated & able to work effectively within a team environment. He or she must possess the ability to lead multiple pre-sale opportunities & campaigns at once, all while remaining organized & highly responsive to internal & external client needs.
This role interfaces daily with multiple teams, but starts with a very close partnership with our Sales team. Other close collaborators include our brand activation & analytics teams, product/platform teams, program managers, creatives all in an effort to drive progress each day. Additionally, the role has an important client facing component, & we expect Strategist play a role in cultivating relationships with our partners on the agency, brand, & vendor side. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, as well as familiarity with the technical aspects of online advertising. Candidates should embody the three core values of the Brand Connections team at VICE across all responsibilities: continuity, proactivity & creativity.
Responsibilities (Including, but not limited, to the following):
- Develop media plans in response to client RFPs & proactively to drive, win & retain business.
- Successfully execute & run media campaigns.
- Complete all client-requested materials as part of building media plans & leading media campaigns (including but not limited to ad specifications, screenshots, audience information, reporting, etc.)
- Work & collaborate with internal departments (e.g., ad operations, partner & yield teams) to ensure that media campaigns are set up for success.
- Work with commercial analytics team to build & measure campaign KPIs & analysis.
- Maintain & develop a true partnership with designated seller(s) by working closely & collaboratively to drive & augment client relationships, as well as generate more client revenue opportunities & upselling.
- Develop strategic media distribution materials to accompany client proposals & pitches, including but not limited to creating slides, program structures, distribution visuals, etc.
- Demonstrate a particular focus on post-sale procedures, including but not limited to IO processing, tagging approaches, custom ad creation, campaign pacing & optimization, reporting, etc.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm & determination to develop/amplify media expertise.
Skill Set & Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of strategic media planning experience at an agency, publisher or related media business
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate proficiency in Keynote & Microsoft Powerpoint
- Intermediate proficiency in DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)
- Working knowledge of Operative One (O1)
- Fluency with Google Drive
- Expertise in media math
- High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge or understanding of media inventory forecasting
- Excellent Communication Skills High aptitude for managing expectations
- Solutions Oriented Propensity to solve matters, rather than dwell on the problem at hand
- Authenticity, Integrity & Resiliency Takes pride & accountability for the work & possesses the ability to defend the work recommended
- Media Confidence Articulates rationale for thinking both internally & to clients
- Informed Curious & passionate about the media industry, news, & literature
- Collaborative Happy to, & willing to, work with others to create the best result
- Passion for oneself, our company & the media industry
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.