As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Intelligencer is New York magazines home for covering the world's politics & power. Editors aim to strike the perfect balance of content thats sharp, provocative, useful, & sometimes funny while other times deadly serious; Intelligencer aims to give its readers know everything they need to know to navigate a fast-moving news environment, as well as the unexpected & literary pleasures of excellent magazine journalism.
Intelligencers Politics Editor will be responsible for driving editorial strategy on the sites political coverage & developing high-concept, ambitious journalistic projects, as well as original & engaging hour-to-hour engagement with the politics news of the day. The ideal person will bring order, energy, & creative solutions to leading coverage that stands out as original & vital in a space with many competitors.
- Drive editorial vision & strategy for Intelligencers creative & ambitious political coverage, both on- & off-platform, including original reporting, commentary on news & ideas, & more.
- Manage & continue to develop the impressive roster of political writers & editors currently working on Intelligencer.
- Bring in a steady stream of new voices to Intelligencer as outside contributors & cultivate relationships with prospective hires.
- 5+ years of experience covering politics, with a meaningful portion of that time as an assigning editor;
- Commitment to smart & great journalism, strong & compelling reporting, smart commentary, & on-point news coverage.
- Adept & skilled as a digital editor, with a proven ability to & edit high-impact features, direct reporting projects, manage daily news coverage, & craft perfect headlines.
- A track record of consistent & high-level journalistic accomplishment & productive collaboration with peers.
- Possess a bottomless list of fresh ideas for everything from magazine cover stories to quick-turn news posts to multimedia experiences.
- Comfort working within the 24/7 news cycle, an ability to meet deadlines, & a willingness to work nights & weekends as demanded by the political news cycle.
About Vox Media:
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.