Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity in backgrounds & in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, & we need people from all backgrounds & swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, & supportive. We are deliberate & self-reflective about the kind of engineering team & culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
At Clover, interns have the opportunity to work on projects that make a positive impact on real people, with the full support from our teams. You will work alongside other engineers, data scientists, & healthcare professionals on top of their game, tackle technical challenges & produce tools to improve the health of real people.
Some of the potential projects include:
- Develop cloud automation for improving productivity & security
- Develop Clover Assistant for enabling better decision making by to the physicians
- Develop telehealth solutions for our members
The internship program is a great opportunity to get a sneak peak of what it is like working with us.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will:
- Work with experienced software engineers, to participate in our projects and create software to make people healthier
- Learn about new tools & technologies in full to solve problems & move our goals forward.
You will love this job if:
- You like to build technology with new tools (we use Python, but also welcome if you are good with other languages)
- You have genuine interest in using technology to help change healthcare industry, which is a tough problem to solve
- You enjoy working with a team of technology centric people, where engineering practice, & scalable code is what we valued
You should get in touch if:
- You are committed to take a term break from September to December 2021 to join this program
- You have experience, or exposure with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You are a junior or senior year student studying Computer Science or Engineering related subjects, with strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication skills with growth mindset
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.