Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers & students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors & underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who dont have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record & verify their financial history & gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture & technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion & empathy of a non-profit to create impact & opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for 3.9 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, & Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees & 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you & hold you accountable.
Be curious & bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks & dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation & without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace & in our impact in the world.
Honor & integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity & respect each other.
Love & kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it, mean it. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
The Strategic Partnerships Analyst will be a trusted partner in driving the organizations success by supporting Kivas Strategic Partnerships (SP) & Finance teams in an efficient, detail-oriented, & proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a professional who has administrative, systems, & relationship management experience in a fast-paced for-profit or non-profit environment. This is an exciting position for a smart, ambitious individual & requires a resourceful team player with the ability to learn quickly & work with everyone at Kiva & our global partners.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
SP Team Systems & Operations (50%)
- Conduct financial & impact analyses & create reports & dashboards for internal & external use across all audience segments (corporate, foundations, individuals, other) & tools (lending, grants, donations, etc) that the SP team stewards for Kiva
- Oversee collaboration with Finance & SP Analyst to maintain accurate partner deposits & annual fee records in Salesforce
- Enhance documentation of team processes (Confluence, Looker, Google Drive) as needed
- Train new colleagues in systems to maintain team data & files in Salesforce, Box, Google Drive & Confluence
- Identify opportunities for creating efficiencies & automations in any of SPs systems & provide support in the Annual Audit process
- Serve as a point of contact for Kivans interested in understanding SPs product offerings
- Aid in the data integrity & reliability of SP contacts & touches to loan accounts
- Train new colleagues & ensure timely respond to potential partner inquiries inbound from our website & Customer Support channels & assign leads to appropriate Relationship Managers
- Work with our Salesforce consultant to optimize & improve the team's Salesforce processes & use cases to make sure we are efficiently tracking our relationships & goals.
- Research new tools & systems that can support SP team to effectively scale philanthropic partnerships
Strategic Planning & General Support (50%)
- Drive preparation of Strategic Partnerships Monthly Executive Managed Team Objectives & Key Results (OKR) deck
- Project Manage the teams annual individual level OKR development, working with managers to produce timely & coherent plans aligned with the org-wide OKRs & 5 year strategy
- Support team engagement - including twice a year team retreat content planning, Progress, Plans, Problem Solving (PPP) development, & team bonding activities.
- Coordinate & execute on special projects as needed, e.g., the Annual Report & language upgrades to our website/microsite
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Strategic Partnerships Officer & VPs to proactively plan for & design new initiatives & operations to maximize our constituents (corporate, foundation & individual partners) experience with Kiva.
- Manage the Executive Assistant
- Strong financial & operational mindset.
- Proficient at using tailored CRM databases, specifically Salesforce & educating other on its use & input in order to develop compelling reports, dashboards & impact metrics
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; adept at using PowerPoint, Word, & Excel, as well as Slack & other business tools
- Excellent listening skills
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams across Kiva in order to coordinate & serve as translator & champion
- Comfortable juggling stakeholders timelines, requests & driving deliverables.
- Must be independent & trustworthy, able to own & manage relationships, while also being a team player. Able to communicate with a broad set of stakeholders.
- Results & detail-oriented, extremely organized, & able to multitask.
- Excellent project management & execution skills a strong operator who consistently pushes for scale for a sustained period of time.
- A self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, & change the world
- Friendly, supportive, & adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with & learn from colleagues & partners around the world
- Colorado salary range: $65K - $75K
A diverse & inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer & a great place to work. Join us & help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.