Why join Igloo:
Were at an unprecedented impasse in the world of work. CEOs are becoming increasingly concerned about employee engagement, productivity is scattered with the proliferation of apps & tools, & there are major gaps in the demographics & internal culture of businesses worldwide. Igloo addresses these challenges by bringing together people, processes, through a portfolio of digital workplace solutions & best of breed services.
Igloos goal is to help people communicate & collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content & a delightful experience for consuming & collaborating on it. We need a design leader who fights for the user, sets a high bar for design in all of our products & is a champion for instilling a design culture in our business.
Why this role is important:
As a key member of the development leadership team, you will lead an incredible team of developers & help to create an environment where everyone can do their best work. you will be responsible for leading our software delivery process with your team, managing the delivery of roadmap items, contributing to our overall development strategy, & growing & developing your team.
At Igloo, our teams are all about communication, collaboration & continuous improvement. Our leadership team believes high-trust relationships are important, data driven decisions are key & that happy teams produce outstanding results.
Youre a great fit for this position if youve got strong technical chops & still enjoy coding but are passionate about people leadership as a focal point of your future career path. In addition to being an advocate for your team, you believe that building relationships across the organization is important & you thrive on helping your direct reports build the careers that they want.
The impact youll have:
- Contribute: Actively assist your team in evolving how they build, test & release software
- Lead: Conduct regular 1 on 1 meetings with your team & lead work practices serving as an Agile coach
- Advocate: Advocate for your people by inspiring & leading your team to deliver on strategic initiatives & projects that have a truly global impact
- Mentor: Be a strong mentor & coach by helping your team see & reach their potential by taking an active role in guiding their career growth
- Collaborate: Collaborate with the team to implement the right amount of process where required but also identify & remove process where it is deemed unnecessary
What youll need:
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- 2+ years of previous leadership experience (leading a team, conducting 1 on 1s, leading planning & retrospectives)
- Deep experience working with & leading an Agile software development model
- Ability to balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities & tasks
- Be proactive & facilitate collaboration by communicating clearly & regularly within development, as well as across the organization
- Lead by example & provide mentorship to more junior team members
- Strong Communication skills (verbally & written)
- Strong ability to facilitate problem solving & collaboration
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee & tea, treats every pay day, & an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, & we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, & youre evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice theres no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software