Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Human Resources Coordinator to join our People team in our Tempe office. (The health & safety of our employees is important at Oscar so we are working from home until we can safely return to our office).
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
Running efficient operations is a key factor to a successful organization, & this role will be supporting the HR Team to ensure days run smoothly for the department. This position requires someone who loves details, can roll with the punches & is flexible with our ever-changing & growing environment! This person acts as a front line HR resource to our employees & the team. You must be a team player, & able to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
You will report directly to the Human Resources Senior Manager.
- Manage day to day administrative HR tasks, including I-9s, background checks, unemployment claims, employment verifications, state required reporting & more!
- Review & respond to time away request requiring HR approval within our HRIS
- Triage the HR inbox & support existing HR workflows
- Conduct People Team orientation for new hires
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits & workday etc.)
- Manage HR vendors (invoicing & troubleshooting)
- Prepared to take on more as we grow quickly!
- 1+ years of Human Resources experience
- 2+ years experience in a support role working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Proficiency in Google Suite tools
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, & Word
- Workday proficiency
- SHRM or PHR certification
- Experience providing administrative HR support to a fast growing organization.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.