Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development. Fastlys customers include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, & GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
HR Business Partner
Fastly is looking for a well-rounded & forward-thinking HR Business Partner to join a growing team. You will form relationships & develop trust throughout the organization, & will partner with designated client groups to understand their respective strategic objectives & challenges.
In addition to operating as an internal trusted advisor & resource, you will work with distributed teams & business leaders to develop & deliver organizational & people-related programs & initiatives to support & enable Fastlys talent strategy & strategic business objectives.
As a member of the HRBP team, you will provide insights & ideas that serve to further the HRBP function as it continues to grow. You will collaborate with broader HR & Recruiting teams to identify & act on ways to improve & evolve people programs, operations & impact.
This position will be based in our San Francisco, Denver, or New York office (working remotely until it is safe to return to our offices).
What Youll Do
- Establish & maintain trusted relationships around the organization in support of the business & the employee experience. Lead with integrity, objectivity, sensitivity & courage.
- Lead & contribute to the development & execution of new initiatives & projects, including talent planning, compensation planning, feedback cycles, inclusion/diversity efforts, management/leadership development, etc.
- Partner with functional teams & leadership on organizational structure, change management, role/job definition, performance expectations, competency development, & career development.
- Provide guidance & coaching to front line managers & senior leaders; provide direction & support for employee relations matters, performance management, etc.
- Liaise with counterparts in international locations to help develop holistic HR plans that support global Fastly business.
- Champion the needs of a distributed workforce across timezones & geographies -- provide insights & make recommendations to increase communication & visibility & ensure connectivity & alignment across the organization.
- Collaborate with broader HR & Recruiting teams to identify & act on ways to improve & evolve people programs, operations & impact; provide insightful data to guide decision-making.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of progressive experience in HR with at least 4+ years in HRBP role engaging with multiple levels within the company -- executives through employees
- Extensive generalist background with experience in multiple areas: talent & organizational development, employee relations & engagement, performance management, HR operations, learning & development, compensation & benefits, employment law, etc.
- Outstanding influencing, communication, & relationship-building skills
- Excellent analytical skills; successfully uses data to extract insights & inform decision-making
- Solid knowledge of employment laws & regulations required; multi-national knowledge beneficial
- Demonstrated success of establishing credibility & trust with diverse client groups
- Prior experience in growing, dynamic company; familiarity with an enterprise sales organization preferred
- Global experience preferred
- BA / MA or equivalent
- SPHR/SPHRi preferred
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.