ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peloton tax Team is looking for a skilled tax professional to join our in-house tax team. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team you will help mitigate tax risks & maximize tax opportunities by leveraging your tax experience & through collaboration with business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have experience helping manage global indirect taxes, such as VAT, GST, PST, & HST. The successful candidate will also have foundational experience supporting international tax compliance & supporting intercompany transactions related to the complexities of a global operating & transfer pricing structure.
The Peloton Tax Team strives to be a best-in-class team that provides our business stakeholders with top tier tax support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a creative problem solver, attentive to detail, & highly organized. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment & is someone who consistently exceeds expectations.
We are looking for candidates who have held tax positions in public companies, or with a tax consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 4 or more years.
The successful candidate will be responsible for management of global VAT & international indirect taxes. The successful candidate will also be able to support global transfer pricing compliance & initiatives. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team, the candidate will also contribute to regular & ongoing compliance activities as well as ad hoc research & planning projects.
International Indirect Tax
- Manage global indirect taxes including VAT, GST, & PST
- Review Canadian HST/GST/PST returns
- Gather financial data for third-party tax preparers, reconcile amounts due & review monthly VAT returns
- Ensure timely filing of VAT returns & manage inquiries from taxing authorities
- Assist with reconciliation of VAT input tax credits & VAT liabilities as part of the monthly financial statement close
- Support global Transfer Pricing projects
- Assist with preparation & review of Transfer Pricing documentation for all regions
- Maintain knowledge of Transfer Pricing regulations
- Maintain relationships with international Controllers & key accounting stakeholders
- Perform regular check-ins with business stakeholders to confirm compliance with transfer pricing policies
General Tax Compliance
- Contribute to regular & ongoing compliance activities
- Assist with tax planning projects
- Perform ad hoc tax research
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field
- At least 4 years working in the corporate tax function at public companies, or with a Big4 tax advisory firm
- Experience with global indirect tax compliance for VAT, GST, & PST
- Experience with transfer pricing & country-by-country reporting standards
- CPA and/or JD with tax concentration
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.