Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Your team works in a highly talented & cross-functional environment. Our team is highly collaborative, & everyone's daycan include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment & operational management & designing.
Your team enablesglobal commerce by removing every bit of complexity within cross-border transactions & trade finance. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share in our excitement for building innovative financial technology. If you want to work full-stack all-round, that's perfect, if you want to specialize more in one area, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities & experience, & then some.
What a day is like:
- Design/Launch Financial Services, building APIs via micro services & tools
- Develop high quality code while articulating your designs, decisions within team & engineering as a whole
- Adapt to fast pace business by shipping products on time that affect bottomline
- You'll work in collaborationwithin Tradeshift's globalengineering org, as well as operate independently with minimal oversight.
- Leverage technologies/frameworks like Spring, Postgres, Redis, & AWS platform services
- Work on projects in Java and/or Scala
You're perfect for this role if you:
(4-6 "you statements"explaining qualifications. Example: You have a keen ability to write, prioritize & edit internal newsletter-type news stories & create.)
You also have:
- 4+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Angular & React
- An understanding of thetradeoffs between shipping code soon & finding a perfect solution
- Experience developing web applications with large scope & complexity
- Ablilityto evaluate the long-term value & quality of new trends & technologies
- Clear & concise communication with fellowengineers, designers, & product managers
- History of building side projects or open source software in your own time is a plus
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.