Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
To learn more about Visa's Corporate IT organization, visit careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our WorkdayDevelopmentteam to help design, enhance & build our HR platform in an agile development environment. You will work withcolleagues, who will support & challenge you daily.You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building Custom Workday reports & calculated fields, Studio Integrations, EIB inbound & outbound integrations to highly functional, secure, scalable & resilient real time Workday enhancements.You will work on unit testing, code reviews & regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA.You will see the code written & moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by all Visa employees.If this sounds exciting, we want to chat & tell you more about our work culture & environment & see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
- Design,Code, document & implement new applications & as well as existingprograms
- Contributeto enhancements, & corrections to existing applications codebase
- Developcode that complies with design specifications & meets security andJava/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security,be easily maintainable & have high system performance.
- Collaboratewith Development & QA staff on individual & team deliverables
- Comfortableworking in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
- Createdocumentation & procedures for installation & maintenance
- Conductcode reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Buildworking relationships with global & virtual teams on softwaredevelopment
- Identifyopportunities for future enhancements & refinements to standards, bestpractices & development methodologies.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience with Workday EIB integrations, Inbound & Outbound, Workday Studio integrations. PECI knowledge is strongly preferred
- Experience with Workday calculated fields & advanced custom reports
- Experience working effectively with business & IT staff in multiple locations & in a multinational environment is very strongly preferred
- Proven experience in eliciting & elaborating business requirements, drafting system design specifications, & developing technical solutions
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure & resolution of complex system issues. Excellent problem identification, analysis & solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, & understand new information, technologies & practices quickly
- Exceptional communication & customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical & business users. Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
- Proven experience working with technologies such as XML, XSLT, XPATH, SOA, SOAP, REST Web Services & Web technologies
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Understanding of project management, SDLC, risk management, quality engineering
- Knowledge of SQL programming, C# & .NET with Visual Studio, TFS
- Basic SFTP & encryption knowledge
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- The incumbent will be expected to work during core business hours
- The incumbent will be expected to travel <5%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.