Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare. Foursquares toolkit empowers brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Foursquares R&D team, called Foursquare Labs, & our consumer apps round out our portfolio. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more than 14 billion consumer-verified place-visit confirmations, which help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
About the role:
Were looking for an SVP of Marketing in either NYC or LA, with a strong preference for candidates based out of our NYC headquarters. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will partner closely with the executive team to develop & execute a holistic marketing strategy that drives rapid growth for Foursquare as the undisputed leader in location data & technology. To be successful, candidates must be innately strategic, results-oriented, & come with the ability to develop & launch scalable global processes that drive customer acquisition & retention, articulate a compelling story on the importance of location solutions & further elevate Foursquares brand & reputation in an increasingly privacy-focused market.
What youll do:
- Work hand-in-hand with Sales, Client Solutions & Product Management to create a compelling Go-To-Market plan that propels Foursquare into its next phase of revenue growth
- Lead & empower a high-performing, collaborative team of marketers across brand, design, performance, communications & PR, content, product marketing, & lead generation. Drive vision & oversee efforts across these functions.
- Conceptualize & implement a Foursquare marketing roadmap & translate those concepts into actionable quarterly targets
- Collaborate with business leaders to clearly define & establish marketing-specific metrics that have a direct impact on company revenue goals
- Lead the overall planning, development & alignment of Foursquares external presence & brand across our suite of products to increase salience for our customers, partners, prospects, & the press
- Own messaging in partnership with Product Marketing & Sales to stay ahead of market trends, create a constant feedback loop with our customers needs, & establish differentiated market positioning
- Deploy & optimize a cutting-edge marketing automation stack to ensure scalable & cost-effective marketing operations processes with demonstrable ROI
- Oversee internal communications to ensure all employees are updated on key company messages & clearly understand the Foursquare brands vision & values
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 12+ years of direct hands-on marketing experience in B2B Enterprise, SaaS, & AdTech
- Prior experience successfully building & leading a team of 10+, including remote employees
- Unique curiosity & knowledge of the location space is ideal
- Proven the ability to help scale a business from its growth stages to the next level and/or experience at a start-up where you youve built a brand from the ground up
- Experience working across European & Asia-Pacific markets
- A track record of quantifiable results & success
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills
- Excellent creative & story-teller instincts
- A bachelors degree, MBA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. Wevalue listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.