Ripple is working to build new product experiences around crypto liquidity. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers & corporations with emerging blockchain technologies & users is the path to an open, decentralized, & more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments & the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a senior applied scientist to join us in determining & delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust & scalable manner. This is a builder role focused on delivering end-to-end machine learning-enabled solutions. From forecasting supply & demand, to optimizing routing across traditional & digital assets & venues, to pricing & risk management systems, this role will be critical in developing the liquidity engine that powers the Internet of Value. Ideal candidates will have a track record of technical excellence in designing, building & delivering reliable solutions as part of a team. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing & delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious & ambiguous challenges
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Design & build automated ML-based systems for forecasting, optimizing & managing access to global liquidity so our customers can send value instantly, easily, efficiently & cost-effectively to all corners of the world
- Be self-sufficient in executing on elements of Ripples ML strategy for how we delivering scalable, auditable, & maintainable production machine learning services at Ripple
- Be a foundational member of our applied science pillar, with a huge opportunity to shape its future, & in doing so, level-up your teammates with a commitment to operational excellence
- Work with teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, legal, compliance, finance & business development to think beyond the technical design in delivering the best experience for our customers
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in computer science, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience delivering production machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- 5+ years experience with Python and/or Java
- Broad machine learning experience including statistical modeling, time series analysis/forecasting & experimentation, bonus if in finance & trading domains, especially FX
- Experience with cloud-based data processing & machine learning services & tools
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git & code reviews
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail & a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical, dental, & vision with 100% employer contributions for employees & dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Brand new office in Toronto
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.