Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking individuals to join our Customer Support organization that supports the Twilio product suite. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company & what our customers have come to expect & love about Twilio.
Twilio operates a 24/7 support model so the ability to work weekends & holidays is required.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our EMEA team who is customer focused with a passion for providing an award-winning technical support experience. If you are technically savvy, customer focused, & have outstanding communication skills, keep reading...
- 4+ years of experience in a client-facing, technical role.
- Ability to address customer concerns & provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic & empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own.
- Firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem
- Strong time management skills, work well under pressure, & are efficient at getting work done while still following standard processes & procedures.
- Experience resolving customer problems over email, chat & phone.
- Experience with troubleshooting & resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful APIs with the ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: An understanding of WebRTC would be a plus.
- Past telecom experience, knowledge of SIP & IP Telephony protocols is a plus.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to this position.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: You will help customers solve their technical challenges through tickets, phone calls, & chat conversations
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify ways to improve existing processes & procedures
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be the point of escalation for complex issues within support, & escalate to Product & Engineering teams as necessary.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Coach, guide, assist newer members of the Customer Support team with customer issues.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure Support SLAs & CSAT goals are consistently met & ticket queues are well managed.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.