**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 & are currently located in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, & WI.**
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America & headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for a Cloud Computing Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide guidance on upcoming cloud computing content. The SME will work with our Codecademy for Business unit to outline high-level requirements for cloud computing content on the Codecademy for Business roadmap & provide reviews of finalized content for technical accuracy. The Cloud Computing Subject Matter Expert provides the Codecademy for Business Curriculum team with specialized, up-to-date, nuanced insight into how their specialty is used & what content should be taught. This is a paid, remote, contract position, with a typical commitment of 1-5 hours per week.
# What You'll Do
- Work with Curriculum Developers to design a syllabus, scope, & outline requirements for cloud computing content on the Codecademy for Business curriculum roadmap
- Review the final products created by content contributors for technical accuracy & provide clear, specific, actionable feedback
- Evaluate existing learning paths & identify any serious gaps in content
- Provide clear explanations of technical concepts.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience working extensively with one or more cloud platforms
- Extensive knowledge of:
- The foundation of cloud computing (i.e., theory)
- The AWS ecosystem
- DevOps use cases for cloud computing
- Experience with Git, GitHub, & GitHub Actions
- The ability to provide clear, actionable, & empathetic feedback & explanation
- A strong command of written & spoken English
What Will Make You Stand Out
- 10+ years of experience in cloud computing
- Experience working with cloud platforms for business use cases
- Certification in one or more leading cloud platforms
- Experience in both programming & education
- Experience in online education at scale
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
This is a contract, remote position. You can expect anywhere from ~1-5 hours of work per week, with the freedom to work wherever & at whatever times you want. You will be compensated (paid) bi-weekly.
**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 & are currently located in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, & WI.**Equal Employment Opportunity
Codecademy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute & we welcome the differences & benefits that a diverse culture brings.