Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, & experience managing complex global product development programs & integrated systems? Do you strive to understand the technical details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, & scope of a program?
Peloton is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager, Software Programs to drive innovation in the software product development space. This role will work closely with Product management & a broad cross functional team to define & execute against our product development roadmap. Additionally the role will work closely with our system engineering group driving complex initiatives & updates for our current install base.
Successful candidates will have 7+ years of experience managing highly complex programs including user facing Apps & connected device product launches.
You will be responsible for planning out these programs from the onset, executing against cross-functional features, planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying & tracking risks, driving the team to results, & clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
This is a Senior position. The right candidate knows what they are doing, & also knows how to get stuff done in a global cross-functional environment. You will Collaborate with Research, Hardware, Software, Manufacturing, Legal, Purchasing & Operations teams in multiple geographic locations, its a big part of the job. Knowing who to engage, & when, is crucial. Additionally, you will drive work with third party JDMs & 3rd party technology providers. You will be expected to create RFPs, define & negotiate Statements of Work, kick-off programs, manage timelines, & escalate & resolve critical issues both within & external to the team without prompting. Overall you will crush it, driving the team over the goal line balancing existing experience, listening skills, decisiveness, & an ability to provide clear direction to the team all while making sure everyone feels part of the process.
- Manage multiple full lifecycle Software & Software for Hardware programs from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward
- Work closely with overseas vendors / US based product management to scope, plan & execute the development to cost & timeline goals.
- Communicate program status, risks, & mitigation plans to broader team & executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies & confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement
- Software release milestone & scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone & ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that Software/Firmware features for each version are controlled, & clearly communicated with ODM/JDM/Technology partners & the product manager in US.
- Actively manage & report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on, in conjunction with our SDET & SQA teams.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues & challenges while preserving quality, cost, & schedule targets.
- Manage & ensure resolution of system level issues between Hardware, Firmware, DSP, OS, App with internal teams, external teams, & third party development partners
- Manage ongoing & support work & Operating System releases across current install base
- Engineering degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Technical / Program Management
- 3+ years of experience managing operating system & software application development projects (Android Open Source preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics
- Experience driving at least 3 full cycle programs that involved hardware & software
- Experience working with & managing offshore ODM/JDM vendors as well as 3rd party technology partners.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com