We are hiring a Manager, Business Affairs to join KobaltsNew Yorklegal team.Our ideal candidate is an attorney with strong drafting skills who can thrive in a fast-paced business affairs environment.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers & labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting & for artists to maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized. This global technology platform can track & collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists & songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently 640 people based across 13 offices & were still growing!
WHAT DOES A MANAGER OF BUSINESS AFFAIRS AT KOBALT DO?
- Draft & negotiate publishing administration proposals, agreements & amendments
- Draft deal summaries & communicate as neededwith relevantinternal departments
- Draft NDAs & other ancillary legal documents
- Track litigation matters & draft demand letters & other correspondence
- Track corporate governance andother general legal tasks
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Law Degreeand bar admission is preferred
- 1+ years experienceas an attorneyin a law firm or entertainment company
- Strong familiarity with music publishing concepts
- Excellent drafting & communication skills
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize a high volume of matters
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency/ease in working with various programs (MS Office, Salesforce, DocuSign, etc)
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.