Signpost is making it easy for small businesses to manage their online presence, convert interested consumers & remarket existing customers. Our cloud-based marketing platform automates the myriad of tasks required to effectively market a small business online, freeing owners to focus on what they do best.
Our engineering team is growing rapidly & were looking for our next generation of technical leaders. Our culture is collaborative & emphasizes continuous improvement of ourselves, our systems, & our organization. If youre ready to join an outstanding & passionate team of engineers at a fast-moving startup where you can learn, grow, & have real technical ownership, youve come to the right place.
- Extending, improving & scaling systems & applications built primarily in Node.js.
- Work closely with product managers to define, scope, refine & drive the implementation of new features from conception to release
- Assist, lead & mentor junior engineers, making sure to be an available resource & play an active role in their professional development
- Perform diligent, timely code reviews for your peers & subordinates, while taking their feedback as an opportunity to learn & improve
- Architect systems for fault-tolerance, correctness, security & availability
- Help engineering leadership to constantly improve
- Exemplify our culture of technical excellence
What we expect from you:
- Have well-honed technical problem solving & analytical skills
- Be proficient in several high-level languages like Node, Python, Ruby, Java, or C++
- Be able to articulate technical concepts clearly & concisely
- Have a solid mastery of software engineering tools & best practices
- Thoroughly understand persistence & networking concepts & technologies
- Appreciate agility & pragmatism in software development
We would love you to:
- Have an unquenchable thirst for new knowledge
- Always be striving to take your skills to the next level
- Know that building secure systems is an endless battle
- Have experience with Agile development
- Have a strong knowledge of modern devops with a desire to drive to a full CI/CD environment
- Be active in the open source community (send us your GitHub handle or tech blog)