WayUp is the leading D&I platform that ensures employers achieve their D&I goals by helping them virtually recruit qualified, diverse early-career candidates. Since 2014, WayUp has worked with employers of all sizesfrom Fortune 500s like Clorox & Citi to nonprofits & startups. With over 6M users (71% of whom self-identify as underrepresented minorities), WayUp is known as the go-to platform used by early-career professionals to get hired. WayUp is fully remote, with offices around the United States & Canada. This role is fully remote.
The Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will lead all of WayUps financials. This is a highly visible position & will be responsible for working with our Executive Team to plan & forecast, working with our CEO to report on metrics to the board, & supporting all executives with strategic & data driven analysis to fuel WayUps continued growth.
You will play a key role in driving some of the most important business & strategic decisions we make through strategic modeling, diligent analysis, & best-in-class reporting. You will interact frequently with our executive team on all matters related to business performance, & will directly support all business leaders to drive financial & operational excellence. You will also be responsible for ensuring we are fully up to code on all accounting & taxes.
Were looking for a passionate, seasoned finance leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership skills, & someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves & get your hands dirty, because youll be doing a lot of that.
- Lead the FP&A function at WayUp, partnering closely with key stakeholders across the business & driving the FP&A function as a proven center of analytical excellence. The role will interface directly with WayUps management & will report directly into our CEO.
- Manage & keep our P&L updated, owning variance reports on a monthly basis & investor reporting on financials.
- Own the annual planning process & ongoing rolling forecasts by setting company targets & tracking/reporting actual performance relative to plan
- Build & iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of WayUps business that will enable effective decision-making regarding our revenue, growth strategy, & cost structure. You will be consistently asked to update the model throughout the year, so we need someone who is extremely quick & savvy in Excel.
- Establish, track, & monitor key operating metrics to help maximize performance
- Provide oversight over WayUps cash balance
- Support Investor Relations efforts & assist in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Help drive financial discipline, fact-based decision-making, & financial visibility
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency, & maximize ROI
- Manage a part-time bookkeeper who will manage our AR & AP.
- Work with Avalara & our Tax firm to ensure we are on top of all taxes.
A CLOSER LOOK AT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cash Management
- Working with part-time Bookkeeper to oversee AR tracking & updating
- Accounts Payable approvals -- review weekly aggregated report from the Staff Accountant
- Vendor invoice approvals for anything within the Operations team
- Wire approvals (needs double authentication)
- Reporting to Board & Investors
- Respond to general investor requests / inquiries, such as cap table summaries, investment confirmation (for an investors audit), high level financial statement summaries, 409a, & so on.
- Prepare any finance-related slides for a board meeting (once per quarter) along with detailed P&L
- Create monthly board dashboards that track KPIs & ARR
- Finances, Taxes, & Audit
- Annual tax work with our Tax Adviser
- Cap table management in Carta (ad-hoc when there are new or expired grants, etc.)
- Annually reviewing & maintaining insurance policy with FounderShield
- Being a second set of eyes (to Bookkeeper) for our credit card statement (we use Ramp)
- Taking advantage of any changes to the laws that could make sense for WayUp to take advantage of (such as CARES Act) & working with our PEO (Sequoia) or our bank (Silicon Valley Bank)
- Oversee & be a second set of eyes to payout of bills from our Staff Accountant
- Budget / Model Management
- Annual budgeting in the model & reviewing monthly actuals to assess accuracy
- Closing the books with our part-time Bookkeeper to ensure the balance sheet & cash flow are balanced.
- Updating our model based on actuals and/or changes with forecasts
- Scenario modeling based on sales, ACV & net revenue retention
- Monthly variance analysis by department for Vendor, Headcount & Spend
- Budget approvals for any onboarding or offboarding of employees
- ARR tracking (pulls in from Sales Ops & Salesforce, but often needs some cleanup)
- Review & approve commission payouts for all revenue-generating positions
- Re-assess commission structure on an annual basis
- Experience working in-house at a SaaS organization that has fewer than 150 employees
- OK to roll up your sleeves & not require a big team (it will just be you & one part-time bookkeeper)
- Experience partnering with a revenue team that works off of Salesforce
- Can work full-time (40-50 hours per week on average)
- Has the WFH setup -- does not require an office space provided by WayUp
- 10+ years of progressive finance experience, including investment banking, private equity, or the equivalent internal FP&A experience at a best-in-class company, coupled with at least 2 years of operational FP&A experience
- Strong experience with B2B SaaS & a keen understanding of SaaS metrics
- Experience working with Tax firms
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling with Excel & Google Sheets; SQL experience a plus
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, & deadline driven
- Strong leadership & mentorship skills
- Results oriented, with proven ability to prioritize & deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to craft the story for a cross functional audience
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process & consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents & perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex & gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation & related medical conditions), gender identity & gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military & veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, & any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics).