Position: Quant Researcher Assistant Vice President or Vice President
Department: Platform Architecture
Location: New York City, NY or Greenwich CT
Who We Are:
iCapital Network is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. With 380-plus employees, iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role:
The Quant teams goal is to deliver industry-leading analytical insights that help financial advisors & investors managing their multi-asset portfolios & utilizing alternative assets to meet their long-term investment objects. The team consists of Quantitative Researchers & Quantitative Developers to research, define, & implement models that will guide clients in portfolio construction, asset allocation, & risk management. The team members have diverse backgrounds such as math, physics, economics, quantitative finance, computer science, & other science & engineering fields, & collaborate closely with business-side colleagues, platform architects, software developers, & product managers to deliver analytics through the software platform for the firms clients.
The Quant Researchers have a core mission of researching & defining proprietary quantitative modeling methodologies to underpin the portfolio risk analytics capabilities of the firms commercial technology platform. The team members will need to apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics & machine learning to a combination of proprietary, public, & third-party data, with the goal of defining innovative analytical methodologies to deliver portfolio risk analytics capabilities for multi-asset portfolios including alternative assets such as hedge fund, private equity, private credit, real estate, & digital assets.
- Understand the latest research in portfolio analytics & risk management across academia & industry practitioners, with a focus on alternative assets
- Apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics & machine learning to a combination of proprietary, public, & third-party data
- Define innovative proprietary analytical methodologies for portfolio construction & risk management
- Prototype new quantitative models & collaborate closely with quant developers & other teams to productionize the models
- Write white papers & documentation on proprietary research results & modeling methodologies for clients & stakeholders
- 5+ years of professional experience in quantitative research, quantitative finance, or data science
- Expertise in statistical analysis & machine learning, with proficiency in Python or R
- Prior experience in writing research papers
- Strong interest in portfolio construction & risk management
- Ability to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment
We offer a wide range of benefits including a competitive total rewards program including equity for all full-time employees, an employer matched retirement plan, & generously subsidized healthcare, including 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling. iCapital also offers generous paid time off (PTO) including unlimited sick time as well as parental leave.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our NYC or CT office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.