Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about working with people & making positive first impressions.
We are looking for a Receptionist to be the face of our NY office & culture, & the first point of contact for all DigitalOcean guests. Reporting to our Employee Experience Manager, you'll be responsible for showing visitors the DO love that we are known for. As part of the People Team, you will learn the ins & outs of DO & what fuels our high-powered, collaborative, & culture focused environment.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Providing exceptional guest experience - including but not limited to - meeting/greeting all guests upon arrival, offering snacks or beverages, & answering any questions they may have
- Working with the rest of our team to provide a positive & amazing employee & guest experience every day
- Managing the front of the office by handling all shipping/receiving for mail/packages & signing for all deliveries
- Inputting all visitors & new hires into our building security system to allow seamless entry to our floor
- Promptly answering the front desk phone when necessary to allow access to any unregistered guests
- Assisting our onboarding team by effectively setting up new hires to receive permanent building IDs
- Signing for, directing & notifying employees of all food deliveries
What Well Expect From You:
- Possess a can-do, friendly & positive attitude, willing to think outside the box to get things done
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining composure when things dont go smoothly
- Extraordinary organizational skills & ability to multi-task
- Strong administration skills, especially with Google Apps platform, including Google Calendar, Drive & MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work autonomously & with a team
- A love of working with people to provide great service & an even better experience
- Ability & desire to build strong relationships with your immediate team & employees of DigitalOcean
- Ability & desire to build strong & unforgettable first impressions
- Front desk experience is preferred & an interest in technology is advantageous
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!