Buyer, FF&E & New Product Development
Who We Are
WanderJaunt is building the future of hospitality by bringing the consistency, reliability & service of traditional hotels into the short term rental industry. We provide seamless hospitality experiences for our guests & end-to-end property management services for our partners. Our goal to create a world where everyone feels at home.
Our diverse set of teams enables us to support operations for single-family homes, converted shipping containers, multifamily properties, & everything in between. Our Design & Procurement teams express our brand promise & sense of style in each market & unit, & our thoughtful, supportive Customer Care team ensures that every guest is noticed & heard. Behind the scenes, we leverage our Engineering, Product, & Data Science talent to scale our ability to deliver great experiences over & over again.
- You pull together - You have excellent communication skills & you love working cross-functionally to solve problems that cut across people, software, process & real-world logistics. You believe theres no such thing as someone elses problem & want to collaborate & problem solve anywhere you can.
- You cut the fluff - You love getting honest feedback, & youre unafraid to voice your opinions even if they might be unpopular. You believe honesty is the best way to an open heart, better performance, & stronger relationships.
- You go full throttle - Youre all about impact & ownership. You act with urgency because youre confident in your convictions, & youre comfortable being uncomfortable.
- You dive deep - Even if youre not exactly sure about something or how to do something, you figure it out! Youll find the root of the issue first & work our way up because understanding the fundamentals is just the beginning of improvement.
Building Inclusive Environments
We strive to create a world where everyone feels at home, whether theyre on the road, at work, or in their local community. We value the input & experiences of people from all walks & stages of life & incorporate this ethos in all we do. By drawing on unique perspectives we can build environments that are safe, comforting, & empowering starting with our own home.
About the Role
***Please note, resumes submitted with a cover letter telling us specifically why you will be a great fit for this position with our company will be given the highest level of consideration***
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing start-up company in the early stages of our development. In this position, the scope of your job & ability to contribute is only limited by your ambition & creativity to discover & solve problems as we strive to do things better & more efficiently every single day.
As a member of WanderJaunts purchasing team, the Buyer Assistant plays a vital role in the day to day operations of our company. You will interact with colleagues & stakeholders across the company, while helping to drive productivity & efficiency in our purchasing processes as we grow.
- Partner with the WanderJaunts in-house design team to develop custom FFE products & lines with external manufacturers & sourcing partners, communicating product requirements & deliverables to our agents & vendor base
- Indirectly manage manufacturing partners in product sourcing, materials & manufacturing techniques to ensure product meets our critical mix of design, execution & value.
- Lead & partner cross functionally to ensure communication & process flow between teams is transparent, efficient & timely.
- Help communicate WanderJaunts aesthetics to design partners domestically & overseas to ensure brand strength & continuity.
- Partner with our Design team & procurement management to develop new products & communicate product requirements & deliverables to our agents & vendor base
- Identify source markets & suppliers for requested materials, finishes & products.
- Continually provide insight into industry best practices & new product
- Perform competitive research; continuously evaluate the marketplace to identify key trends in manufacturing, fabrication, & construction.
- Partner with Management to establish QC & testing standards by product category as required.
- Partner with other buyers on quarterly planning & sourcing.
- 3+ years of purchasing experience, preferably in FF&E or new product development
- Experience working with & managing overseas vendors (i.e. China, Vietnam, Malaysia, India, etc.)
- A self-starter who is able to excel with minimal supervision. We will give you objectives, in most cases, it will be your job to figure out how to accomplish the objectives best.
- Very strong analytical & communication skills.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets
- Must be willing to submit to a Criminal Background Check
- Health insurance with dental & vision
- Competitive Salary