About the Position
FN Markets seeks to transform the way Wall Street keeps pace with policy. Armed with FiscalNote's industry-changing Issues Management platform, our Sales team works with our analysts to help institutional investors & other investment decision-makers modernize their processes through technology & curated analysis. Salespeople are FiscalNote's key engine of market expansion & revenue growth. Focused on helping our customers innovate new ways to track policy risk impacting their investment portfolio & help maximize investment returns, they become true strategic partners through deep empathy in order to develop our economic relationship with new customers. Able to understand true pain points & customer needs, Salespeople guide conversations with portfolio managers, chief investment officers, chief risk officers, & other investment professions about how they can manage political & regulatory risk. They exhibit a bias for action, a thirst for knowledge, & a true executive mindset.
About FN Markets
You will join a fast-growing & tactical team focused on creating innovative solutions for Wall Street. As policy risk becomes more pervasive, the team at FN Markets sees opportunity to deploy technology to improve investor risk management, identify opportunities, & develop long-term investment theses. We offer best-in-class regulatory & political risk analysis to FiscalNote's issues management infrastructure to deliver a platform which allows investors to understand policy risks with the same speed & nuance as financial metrics. This is a remote or on-site opportunity that will work closely with our teams in New York & Washington, DC. Our workspace champions our culture through a vibrant, modern, open-concept that still offers privacy, fostering collaboration & success. Our team is committed to being a good neighbor, woven into the fabric of our communities, & continually looking for new opportunities to support our community.
FN Markets is a wholly owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. As a registered investment adviser, FN Markets maintains strict compliance & ethics standards consistent with the expectations of our Wall Street clients.
You think outside the traditional institution sales framework. You're personable, hungry, & results-oriented. You not only quickly gain trust, but also easily comprehend & empathize with issues potential customers may have. Your keen understanding of the sales cycle provides the tactical insight necessary to identify ideal methods of penetrating accounts ripe for a sale. You also understand when time & deep relationship building are some of your most effective tools in developing key accounts. Your resiliency & competitive nature are core to your successful track record, but your intellectual curiosity drives perpetual personal growth.
What To Expect:
- Strategically build, manage, & close deals in sales pipeline
- Be responsible for closing a quota of new business
- Strategically plan for account penetration
- Actively & regularly attend industry events
What Sets You Apart:
- 6+ years of institutional sales experience, with established institutional client relationships
- Consultative approach to solutions selling
- Familiar with sell-side political & regulatory risk analysis (as opposed to typical buy-sell-hold coverage)
- Ready to abandon declining commissions in the broker-dealer model for transparency & scale in a Software as a Service (Saas), technology oriented platform
- Closed complex sales cycles in competitive markets
- Experience using Salesforce (preferred)- FINRA Series 65 licensed (preferred)