We are seeking a Senior Technical Consultant/Application Developer to join our Professional Services team. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibility will be to create & implement these innovative technical solutions to meet our customer requirements. You will engage with clients frequently & directly to gather & probe requirements & validate your solutions.
What youll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, & implement business process based solutions.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Design, implement, & provide demonstrations of solutions with Appian software.
- Design, build & launch new data models in production.
- Establish & implement metrics to optimize team delivery & measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, & adaptability.
- Independently communicate with both client technical teams & business owners as needed during the design & implementation.
Youll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes & gather functional system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks why questions & solve the right problems
- Passionate about technology & enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator & is comfortable presenting to both technical & non-technical audiences
Required skills & experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field/degree
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- Knowledge of software testing practice
- Experience designing data schemas & models
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL is preferred
- Experience developing integrations using APIs
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Willingness to travel 40%
- Canadian Citizenship with the ability to obtain a TN-Visa
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful & unique applications. The applications created on Appians platform help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value & in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves & their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces 2018 list in the Large Employer category.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.