BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile & detailed Affiliate Strategist to join a growing affiliate team. An ideal candidate will be an analytical & quantitative problem solver with a strong attention to detail. This candidate should have a strong analytical background as well as an understanding of consumer buying habits. Experience in retail, e-commerce or merchandising is a plus. This role is a unique combination of marketing & retail analysis.
As an Affiliate Strategist, you will be responsible for providing actionable insights to the Commerce Team & communicate strategy with various stakeholders across the organization. The ability to work cross-functionally & clearly to articulate data & strategy will be key.
- Track US & International Affiliate performance & provide strategic recommendations to effectively scale both businesses
- Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, & communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
- Provide daily & weekly reports to track performance of editorial & commerce initiatives
- Provide monthly & quarterly hindsight reports, & deliver strategy recommendations based on top performing content formats & content categories
- Generate Ad Hoc reports to support business development & sales pitches
- Work alongside the affiliate Account Management & business team leads to identify paid program performance trends, surface optimization recommendations, & surface recommendations for new & existing partners
- Communicate affiliate partner risk & opportunities to our editorial & sales teams
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of merchandising or analytical experience
- Strong numerical & analytical skills
- Experience with Excel
- Experience creating & presenting performance reports
- Experience within a cross-functional organization that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management and/or merchandising.
- Knowledge of the digital commerce space & emerging trends
- Experience in a traditional e-commerce role is a plus
- Excellent written & verbal skills
- A passion for shopping & identifying unique trends in e-commerce
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.