About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Weve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Freelance Retoucher to work closely with a team of Art Directors, Stylists, & Retouchers to produce high-quality imagery in a high volume, fast-paced work environment. This role will require the Retoucher to retouch, crop & upload all digital assets for Rent the Runway, including on-figure, on-form, still life & editorial imagery. The candidate should display strong Photoshop skills including high-end skin retouching techniques & acute color correcting ability. Candidate must have strong communication skills, be self-motivated & enthusiastic. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of retouching experience in an e-commerce and/ or luxury photo studio environment. Candidates must submit a portfolio along with a resume to be considered & must have demonstrated fashion experience & passion.
Website must be included at the top of the cover letter & resume. Applicants without an online portfolio will not be considered.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for maintaining high quality while executing a high volume of images under very tight deadlines.
- Able to interpret creative direction & collaborate with Art Direction & Director, Photography & Retouching & apply to final product in accordance with established style guides.
- Adhere to post-production retouching process & resizing requirements, including photo mark-ups & web-ready deliveries.
- Has a good eye for color, understanding of retouching language, & compositing techniques for editorial imagery.
- Perform quality assurance on all images, including ensuring color consistency across all images per project.
- Name & maintain digital asset organization.
- 5+ years retouching experience with a portfolio focused on beauty & fashion product, still life, skin & hair
- Bachelors degree in photography or combined 4 years of experience in a studio environment.
- Strong desire to contribute in a highly collaborative environment & promote the collective output of the studio team with positivity & a passionate work ethic.
- High technical proficiency in Mac OS X, Photoshop, & Wacom pen tablet
- Previous experience working in a digital photo studio
- Proven ability to work efficiently & produce a high volume of retouched images
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Hands-on knowledge of color theory & color management working within sRGB web & CMYK spaces.
- Proficient in Capture One Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Acrobat & Mac computers.