Location: London or Hybrid Remote
We have an office in London & this position can be based in the office or hybrid remote in the UK (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 3500 apps at more than 2400 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned Sales Director to join our growing UK Sales team! The person in this seat will be responsible for expanding OpenFins footprint across & throughout the broader Financial Services landscape & potentially even new markets. The SD will work to build new relationships & penetrate firms & vertices with whom OpenFin is not actively engaged, whether that be in current or prospective clients. Driving adoption of the OpenFin technology across new divisions, companies & markets; increasing the overall customer base is at the core of this position's responsibilities.
Commercial success will be achieved by building & maintaining a significant pipeline of opportunities, effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition, & developing a customer centric solution. The primary measure of success for this role is achieving sales targets & we expect SDs to also represent the company at industry events & assist with lead generation strategies.
- Generating new business by identifying prospects & initiating effective contact
- Building & progressing a significant pipeline of opportunities & navigating the complete sales cycle
- Developing & executing strategic sales & account plans to achieve sales targets & expand our footprint in our existing customer base
- Partnering with customers to understand their ongoing business needs & objectives
- Building & maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with senior stakeholders within client organisations
- Effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition through proposals & presentations
- Quickly developing a deep understanding of OpenFins product & underlying technology & an ability to communicate OpenFin product benefits to senior business & technology stakeholders
What Were Looking For
- Extensive experience in SaaS sales with a proven track record closing six figure enterprise deals (seven figure deals experience is a plus/desired but not required)
- Experience working in or selling to the financial services industry is a plus
- Previous capital markets experience & knowledge of workflows is a plus
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products & services to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Excellent technical aptitude & the ability to understand OpenFin product offerings & position products against competitors
- A genuine enthusiasm & interest in both technology & OpenFins product
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, negotiation & presentation skills
What Were Offering
- Time to Rejuvenate - 25 days of paid time off, in addition to 8 paid holidays each calendar year
- Time to Recuperate - 40 hours of sick time each calendar year
- Medical Insurance - A group medical insurance plan with Vitality which includes a personal health fund, medical/dental treatment, mental health & advanced cancer coverage
- Parental Leave & Workplace Nursery Benefit
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
Additional Perks -
- Access to the Vitality GP App - Schedule virtual GP consultations & receive referrals
- Vitality Plus Benefits - 50% off select gym memberships, 50% off running shoes & bikes, free 30-minute health checks, Apple Watch discounts, etc.
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Snacks, & Beer on Tap
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding & supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. We value & appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests & experiences. Getting to know each other & forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours & virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive & enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast & working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
Voted FinTech of the Year, 2022 at the US FinTech Awards