Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to help guide the direction of Squarespace.com, which is the face of the company. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
Were looking for visual-leaning Senior Product Designers who have a strong visual/brand design background & are comfortable working in the digital space. Were hiring across a few teams such as Templates, Unfold & Video. You will be responsible for improving the current experience, while also developing new concepts to push the experience forward. You are experiment-minded, & quick to prototype concepts or ideas. You are able to consider a range of user goals in order to create an experience that aids a users comprehension of the entire Squarespace offering & empowers them to make confident & thoughtful decisions.
You will report to one of our Product Design leaders based on which product area might be the best fit.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, beautiful, & marketable
- Use & understand the platform to identify new opportunities for delivering a better product for our customers
- Develop information architecture & build wireframes
- Design page layouts & interaction methodology
- Work with developers during build processes
- Collaborate with Marketing & Brand teams to ensure that efforts are mirrored
- 5+ years of experience
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, animation & a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design & prototyping
- Proven ability putting yourself in the customers shoes & coming up with ideas that are relevant & enticing
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
- Graphic design skills & a portfolio showcasing web design work & beautiful comps that communicate large concepts
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.