Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
We are currently seeking an Asset Management Associate to support the Real Estate Team. As an Associate, you will report directly to the Director of Asset Management, as well as work closely with the Real Estate Team. The position will be located in the New York City corporate office & will require close interaction & collaboration with the Design & Construction, Sales & Marketing, Operations, & Finance teams of the company. This position will provide you with an exceptional foundation for professional growth in many areas of commercial real estate, & the opportunity to work with senior leadership in a high-growth, venture-backed company.
What Youll Do:
- Analyze & measure/report property financial & operating metrics; track & forecast capital expenditures across theportfolio
- Assist in managing & performingleaseauditsacrosstheportfolioofexistinglocationsaswellasupcoming locations
- PerformAnnualBusinessPlans(ABPs)foralllocationsintheportfolioonarecurring annual basis; liaise with various teams internally to solicit criticalinformation
- Performquarterly reports inconjunctionwithABPs
- SupporttheAcquisitionsteamthroughoutthenewdealprocessasarepresentativefromtheAssetManagement organization; interdepartmental touch-points/feedback solicitation & process management/tracking including thefollowing:
- Review Lease / MSAopportunities
- Prepare/Review Lease Execution Packages Preparation/Review (TermSheet/Economics)
- Draft Economic Deal Sheets for newopportunities
- Liaise with external consultants on market researchinitiatives
- Liaise with property managers of buildings & general managers at Convene locations on new initiatives
- Draft/create new templates & models to expedite internalprocesses
- Provide overall support for real estate team & growthstrategy
- Perform other duties/initiatives as requested by the executive team, the Real Estate Team, & the Director of AssetManagement
- Accommodate for a rotating work schedule to include occasional nights/weekends & longhours
What We Look For
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree a plus) in real estate, accounting/finance orbusiness
- 4+ years of professional experience in commercial real estate; lease audit experience aplus
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel (Argus experience a plus); lease audit & abstractionsoftware
- Ability to understand & extract relevant data from complicated lease transactions (JVs, waterfalls,)
- Excellent verbal & written communication & organization skills; Leadership skills a plus
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, & efficient taskprioritization
- Energy & commitment to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, & collaborativeenvironment
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
#11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
#30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- 401K match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks