Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely & securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, youre probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you cant tell were there.
We solve world-scale problems & provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths & allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills & a relentless focus on the customer, & we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Engineering Team:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft & excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams & stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, weve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, & contextual commerce in Python. Heres more:
- Communication is key to our process, & we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development & believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department -- developers test, release & monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups & have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well & opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds & experiences. A broad range of ideas & perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
As an Engineering Manager, you will work closely with technical leads & product managers to lead a team delivering the best solutions for our customers. You will develop a deep understanding of the people, technologies, & practices of your team, & apply your expertise to planning, prioritization, & execution. You will support the self-development & career growth of individuals, as well as foster a supportive, inclusive, & collaborative environment in which people do their best work.
- Own the efficiency, growth, & delivery of a team, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term & long term objectives.
- Manage the career path & goals of your team members, conducting regular 1-on-1s & giving feedback.
- Own & continuously refine the processes & communication strategies your team uses to build & support products.
- Work with a Product Manager & Tech Lead to ensure that the roadmap is realistic & understood.
- Work with your manager to turn the roadmap into staffing needs & a hiring strategy.
- Build a deep understanding of how our products work & are built. Though you will not be expected to regularly code, you will need to fully grasp code & architecture concerns.
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us & help us expand our skills & knowledge
- Product conferences: we support our team members participating in the development community & help cover travel & attendance costs for product conferences
We know the confidence gap & imposter syndromecan get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!