Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI -- Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring individuals at all levels of the engineering organization.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
An engineering leader at Compass is respected by colleagues for your deep technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire & attract key talent, your passion for customers, & the impact of your work, & your ability to deliver large scale engineering solutions with quality. You will be responsible for spearheading the effort to build a world-class, real-time analytics platform for Compass. Specifically, you will be building & leading a top-notch team of data engineers to build the analytics infrastructure that backs an industry-defining suite of real estate technologies leveraging modern cloud technology. You will work closely with the AI teams, enabling state-of-the-art statistical methods made possible through access to improved access to data & computational resources, & you will be setting a long term technical vision, creating a data-first real estate culture.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop, & scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers & sellers
- Identify business opportunities & define technical vision for your team & the company
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products, & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit, & mentor a team of high performing engineers
- Develop a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Proven track record of building top talent & high performance teams, directing multiple teams & overseeing engineering managers
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern big data infrastructure tools (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Airflow) & public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release & maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, & operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom youve guided technical & career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred