Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing & cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer & other major illnesses. Biofuels & biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, & the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science & synthetic biology will produce sustainable & ethical food. Benchling's mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, & magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates & has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, & Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, & the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class Customer Experience organization to drive the adoption of our solutions across our rapidly growing customer base. The Customer Success Specialist plays a key role on the team supporting both our Customer Success & Implementation teams, as well as directly supporting our customers as they leverage Benchling to transform how their research teams work together.
To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of our products, our customers, their science, & their R&D processes. You will leverage this knowledge to build & nurture relationships with our users, & ensure they get the most out of their Benchling investments.
You will be the first line contact to inbound product questions & issues from our academic & enterprise users, & work with teams throughout Benchling to ensure they are followed through to resolution. Your work will vary from day to day from interfacing via chat or email with a user to solve a problem, to going onsite with the Implementation Team to support testing, to working with the Training team to develop new materials, to updating FAQs & working with the Product Marketing team as we roll out new features.
If you are passionate about Life Sciences, looking for an opportunity to join a cutting edge software company who is enabling transformational changes in R&D processes, & willing to roll up your sleeves & do what ever it takes to make our customers & users successful, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop deep knowledge of our products & our customers, including industry segments, the types of research they perform, & how their science is performed in Benchling
- Be the first line contact for customer questions & issues, work with the appropriate internal teams (e.g. engineering, product management, customer success), to solve problems & manage them through to resolution
- Provide strong written documentation for a variety of user communications including direct user questions, internal research, FAQ/knowledge content, & others
- Partner with our Training team to develop & optimize training programs including web-based & video collateral
- Support the Customer Success & Professional Services teams in a wide variety of user facing activities
- You are located in Boston, Raleigh, NYC Metropolitan Area, or Chicago & are willing to work US Eastern or EU business hours.
- BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field, required.
- 1+ years experience in a lab or research setting is highly recommended. You must be able to quickly understand complicated scientific concepts & empathize with scientists.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly connect with a range of stakeholders from academics, to industry scientists, to project leads.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with experience developing various forms of content & presentations.
- You must be a self-starter who is autonomous & proactive, with the ability to be successful in a fast paced startup environment with sometimes ambiguous situations.
- You must be curious, creative, & tenacious. You will be an advocate for customers, & must be willing to roll up your sleeves & do the hard & sometimes unglamorous work required to make them successful.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity & inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes & shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree & commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit & develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think & communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Weekly virtual social events, & annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
In following best practices & safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
*To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, & additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.