Warby Parker is seeking a sharp-as-a-tack Payroll Manager to join our Finance team & drive payroll for our 2,000+ employees across the U.S. & Canada. In this key position, youll take on & own complex financial processes, finding ways to evolve & enhance them on your quest toward utmost efficiency & accuracy. Communication & collaboration are vital to this role, as youll work closely with both the Finance & Talent teams. Well also count on you to provide critical support for our employees & handle confidential concerns in a quick, effective way. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Keep reading!
What youll do:
- Process accurate, timely biweekly & semimonthly payrolls in the U.S. & Canada
- Ensure our compliance with all federal, state, & local payroll & tax requirements
- Work closely with the Talent team to validate changes to compensation, benefits elections, & other deductions
- Support the monthly accounting close cycle for items related to payroll, including journal entries, reconciliations between ADP & NetSuite, schedule preparation, & variance analyses
- Work with Accounts Payable to facilitate payments, coding, & allocations of benefits & payroll invoices
- Reconcile benefit-provider invoices to ensure the accuracy of enrollments & contributions
- Manage payroll taxes by confirming ADP deductions, researching payroll tax rules for new jurisdictions, ensuring ADP appropriately files on our behalf, & owning the annual W-2 process
- Assist the Finance & Talent teams on ad hoc requests & analyses related to payroll
Who you are:
- A skilled problem-solver with 5+ years of payroll related experience (plus, youve managed large-scale multistate payrolls)
- Comfortable working independently & owning your work from start to finish
- Highly organized & detail-oriented (improving & documenting processes makes your heart flutter)
- A direct, honest communicator when working with your team & other stakeholders
- Someone who makes well-informed decisions
- Driven by the highest level of ethics & respectful of confidentiality
- A dexterous multitasker who can prioritize several projects without losing focus
- A voracious learner whos always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- Ready to offer support whenever needed
- Someone who takes your work seriouslybut not yourself!
- Positive, kind, & excited by a challenge
- ADP experience
- Experience processing payroll in Canada
- Familiarly with the accounting side of payroll (e.g., journal entries, reconciliations)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, weve set up headquarters in New York City & Nashville, built our own optical lab, & opened retail locations all around the U.S. & Canada. As we grow, were committed to proving that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in needto date, thats over five million pairs.
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- And more (just ask!)