Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Your role will be to thoughtfully design & execute a variety of creative projects; from art directing motion graphics & video to designing interactive web experiences. This is a highly collaborative role that will require you to work closely with design & marketing leaders, product teams, & the rest of the Brand Studio team to ship effective marketing projects & campaigns. Were looking for a creative problem solver who can think strategically but also loves getting into the details that take design from good to great.
The mission of our team is to build a category-defining brand & have a meaningful impact on Gustos business by shipping world-class creative.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Design & lead a broad spectrum of design projects & marketing campaigns with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with designers, writers, photographers, motion graphics designers, web developers, product marketers & beyond to ideate & execute world-class creative
- Represent the design team to internal stakeholders, & provide input that will help shape planning & strategy
- Deliver & solicit feedback to continually improve the Gusto brand & raise the quality & craftsmanship of our output
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners & stakeholders
Heres what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of design experience
- 1+ years experience on an creative team
- Experience working on brand design initiatives from concept to execution
- Understanding of web design best practices & experience designing responsive web pages.
- Experience with art directing photo shoots
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma etc.
- Ability to work independently & identify & solve problems effectively & efficiently
- Passionate about visual design & art direction
- Experience collaborating closely with marketing organizations
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Experience with video production/art direction
- Experience with motion graphics
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $72,000-114,500/yr in Denver & most remote locations, & $82,000-127,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.