Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We're looking for enthusiastic & highly motivated, mission-driven, sales-minded individuals to join our internal sales team. The Admissions Coordinator is the first point of contact for all prospective students & is the first impression of our global brand. Our process is highly conversational & consultative, requiring someone that is quick on their feet & driven by a passion for helping others. This entry-level position is a great launching point into our Admissions team. There's no better way to learn about our business than to speak with potential students & help them navigate a major, life-changing decision to further their education. The Admission Coordinator will work in a call center environment with performance expectations around productivity & efficiency. Being comfortable in a collaborative team setting is vital. Please note that this is a part-time position.
The PT Admissions Coordinator role is based at our new Phoenix, AZ campus, where youll be an integral part of our fast-paced Admissions team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the first point of contact for students interested in our course offerings to understand their interest & ensure they are pointed in the right direction
- Responding rapidly to all student inquiries - the best time to reach students is the moment they tell us they are interested
- Outbound dials to interested students that filled out requests for more information
- Respond to inbound emails/texts from interested students
- Maintaining an upbeat, personable attitude & creating a helpful experience for all potential students, while speaking with a high volume of students each day
- Routing potential students to appropriate Admissions team members, documenting student information in our internal database
- Thinking on your feet to devise creative solutions to any & all problems that arise; going back to school is a serious decision & students often need help navigating their path
- Assisting current & prospective students with questions about our organization & upcoming workshops, courses, & immersive opportunities
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 2-3 years of experience providing a high level of customer service preferred
- 0-1 years sales experience with demonstrated ability to concept sell the benefits of a service/product preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in a call center environment preferred
- You have stellar written & verbal communication skills you never shy away from a conversation
- You are passionate about education, technology, & our mission - empowering students to pursue the work they love!
- You are detail-oriented & organized with a great work ethic
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Ensures Accountability
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages Ambiguity