<intent> isnt your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique & possesses a distinct set of skills, personality & passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas & co-create one of the most human & inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value & reward shared success over individual heroics.
As the Senior Accountant at <intent>, you will manage the month-end accounting close process, including preparing journal entries & supporting account reconciliations. In addition, you will ensure billing & collections are timely & accurate. You will help us manage costs & will ensure all monthly accruals are recorded & reconciled. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with various departments during the annual budget & monthly forecast process.
As the Senior Accountant on our team, you will collaborate with various other departments within our organization. You will work closely with the Controller to prepare monthly financial analysis & ensure financial results are reported to Management in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a lean organization & will help drive positive process changes to the team.
What You Will Do:
- Ownership of month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries, supporting reconciliations, & monthly timely reporting
- Manage the monthly billing & collections process
- Ownership of the A/P process, including the monthly departmental accruals
- Prepare monthly financial analysis to Management, investor reporting & other ad-hoc financial analysis
- Collaborate with the Finance team in preparing the year-end financial statements & assist the external auditors in the accumulation of support for the annual audit
- Ensure compliance with local, state & federal government reporting requirements & tax filings in the US & UK
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget & monthly periodic forecasts
- Report to the Controller
<intent> is looking for a bright & ambitious Senior Accountant to bring their fresh perspective to our team of thoroughly awesome humans.
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Desire to take on new projects & gain experience by jumping in with two feet
- Strong communication skills & highly collaborative with proven ability to work with team members, customers, external vendors & partners
- Strong attention to detail & process orientation can manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear & concise manner
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions & effectively present information to managers, peers & third-parties
- Love for the tech industry & fast-growing startups
- Thorough understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & understanding of financial statement preparation & management reporting
- Ability to think creatively & critically, & thrive in a dynamic & often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Experience with NetSuite or other large ERP system
- Advanced proficiency with Excel (Pivot Tables, V-lookups, etc.)
- 4+ years of accounting experience. Big 4 public accounting experience plus industry experience is preferred
- SaaS experience is a plus
<intent> is the data science company for the worlds leading online commerce & travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time & identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intents real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility & ROI.
Our team is over 100 people & our offices span globally. Were headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, & Sao Paulo.
Every day, were inspired by two pursuits. First, were building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, were building the company weve always wanted to work for one thats open, human & collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas & get things done. Were included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list & have been on Crains 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, & we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We dont take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, & so our flat structure & open communication invite innovation from all levels ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, & great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks & snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget & Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals & discounts on hundreds of products & services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, & more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!